Just seen a tweet from Deborah Mattinson on school playing fields -
'why not solve the playing field crisis by insisting private schools open up theirs to local state school kids?'
Where do you start.
Leaving aside the obviously difficult idea that 8% of schools (the private sector) could simply open up their sport facilities and solve the problem for the other 92%, just take a look at the most famous - Eton.
Eton probably have the finest sporting facilities in the country. But unfortunately, the three nearest schools - Windsor Boys, Slough Grammar and Churchmead School Datchet, all have good playing fields including all-weather pitches, tennis courts and gyms..
Then you have to ask how many state schools would find it easy to get their pupils (during a one hour games period remember) to private schools like Stowe, Charterhouse or Marlborough - each set up in their own extensive grounds, precisely to provide an environment away from the distractions of urban life.
I'm sure you get the idea..
Labour Hikes Ethnic Minority Ticket Prices
1 hour ago